The much loved scented Poeticus daffodil, commonly known as Pheasant’s Eye, has been the subject of research by the University of Reading and the RHS. They have succesfully mapped a daffodils chloroplast genome for the first time which is a first step towards identifying different cultivars in bulb form. Maybe the days of ordering one cultivar and receiving a quite different one will soon be over?
Click here for more information from the University of Reading
- Mawgan Daffodil Festival 2019
- Funeral arrangements for the late Ian Johnson
- Daffodils in Bloom – In December !
- The Late Vic Coe – Obituary
- The late Ian Johnson
- Membership subscriptions 2019
- Funeral arrangements for Mr Vic Coe
- The Late Vic Coe
- RHS Daffodil, Snowdrop & Tulip Yearbook 2018
- Scented Daffodils for Christmas?
- Mid Southern Daffodil Group
- Daffodil Society Presentation Night
- Breaking the Daffodil DNA Code
- Daffodils in Flower Indoors for Christmas
- DS. Wessex group AGM confirmation