- Wessex Group Newsletter
- Grab a Bunch of English Cheer
- Daffodil Show 20 & 21 April 2019
- Daffodil Society Annual General Meeting – 3rd March 2019
- Judges Test 2019
- Thriplow Daffodil Weekend & Country Fair Saturday 23-24 March
- Cotehele Daffodil Fortnight – 9 March – 24 March 2019
- Peter Barr – The Daffodil King in Tooting
- The Daffodil Triangle – 2019 Events
- Membership fees
- Mid Southern Group – New Chairman
- Mawgan Daffodil Festival 2019
- Funeral arrangements for the late Ian Johnson
- Daffodils in Bloom – In December !
- The Late Vic Coe – Obituary
The Daffodil & The Picture Postcard; History & Hobby
The picture postcard has been a feature of international postal history since the 1900’s.
During this period the daffodil has featured either as the primary illustration or as a background decoration in the greetings postcard. The collection of both subject based and topographical postcards is a very popular hobby both in the UK and abroad. Large amounts of money can be exchanged for the rarer, more prized cards.
Jan Dalton, Daffodil Society Archivist and Jackie Petherbridge, Society Chairman are both avid collectors and have amassed collections totalling well into the thousands. They have both written articles for the Daffodil Society Journal which give their particular perspective on the collecting of daffodil postcards.
Download Daffodils & Postcards by Jan Dalton here
Download Daffodils & Postcards (Part Two) by Jackie Petherbridge here