- Wessex Group Newsletter
- Grab a Bunch of English Cheer
- Daffodil Show 20 & 21 April 2019
- Daffodil Society Annual General Meeting – 3rd March 2019
- Judges Test 2019
- Thriplow Daffodil Weekend & Country Fair Saturday 23-24 March
- Cotehele Daffodil Fortnight – 9 March – 24 March 2019
- Peter Barr – The Daffodil King in Tooting
- The Daffodil Triangle – 2019 Events
- Membership fees
- Mid Southern Group – New Chairman
- Mawgan Daffodil Festival 2019
- Funeral arrangements for the late Ian Johnson
- Daffodils in Bloom – In December !
- The Late Vic Coe – Obituary
Showing Tips for Novice Daffodil Exhibitors
Most communities have an annual summer flower show but if you are lucky you may also have a Spring flower show. The sight of rows of flowers decked in fresh yellows, whites, pale pinks, blues and lime green together with a distinctive Spring scent is not to be missed. Sadly, these shows are in danger of dying out as the tradition of showing flowers (or indeed produce, cakes, handicrafts and children’s work) is no longer the family affair it once was.
If you would like to keep the tradition alive and enter daffodils at a flower show near to you or at the Daffodil Society show then here are some tips on how to prepare your entry.