The much loved scented Poeticus daffodil, commonly known as Pheasant’s Eye, has been the subject of research by the University of Reading and the RHS. They have succesfully mapped a daffodils chloroplast genome for the first time which is a first step towards identifying different cultivars in bulb form. Maybe the days of ordering one cultivar and receiving a quite different one will soon be over?
Click here for more information from the University of Reading
- RHS Daffodil Show Wisley 2019
- Easter Greetings
- Daffodil Society Show at Pershore College this Easter Weekend
- Farewell Wendy Gillings and Thankyou
- S.E.E.D.S. Show 2019
- Peter Barr Memorial Cup 2019 – Congratulations
- 2019 Bulb Lottery
- RHS Early Competition
- Scotland’s Daffodil Festival -13th-14th April
- Daffodil Society Show – The Countdown
- RHS Daffodil Show Schedule
- An Urgent Appeal
- DS Journal 2019
- Spare RHS Daffodil Register 2008?